Executive Committee and Program Staff
Peter C. Hauser, Ph.D.
RIT Program Director
Professor, Director of Deaf Studies Laboratory, and National Science Mentorship Leader for the National Science Foundation Science of Learning Center on Visual Language and Visual Learning.
Steven L. Barnett, M.D.
URMC Program Director
Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences at UR Medical Center and Director of the National Center on Deaf Health Research.
P. J. Simpson-Haidaris, Ph.D.
Science Education Director
Associate Professor of Medicine and Director of the Translational Biomedical Sciences Ph.D. Program at the Clinical & Translational Science Institute at UR Medical Center.
Jess Cuculick, Ed.D.
Professional Development Director
Associate Professor of Liberal Studies, NTID, RIT.
Camille A. Martina, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor of Public Health Sciences at UR Medical Center.
Nikki Cherry, M.Ed.
Program Coordinator & Interpreter
- James J. DeCaro, Ph.D., Professor and Director of Center on Access Technology, NTID, RIT
- Vivian Lewis, M.D., Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity, UR
- Edith M. Lord, Ph.D., Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Education at UR Medical Center
- Daniel Ornt, M.D., Vice President and Dean, Institute of Health Sciences and Technology, RIT
- Rico Pederson, Ph.D., Assistant Dean & Director, NTID Access Services
Our mission is to increase the number of Deaf and Hard of Hearing scientists in behavioral and biomedical sciences fields.