Executive Committee and Program Staff
Peter C. Hauser, Ph.D.
RIT Program Director
Professor, Director of the NTID Center on Cognition & Language, RIT
Steven L. Barnett, M.D.
URMC Program Director
Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences at UR Medical Center and Director of the National Center on Deaf Health Research.
P. J. Simpson-Haidaris, Ph.D.
Science Education Director
Associate Professor of Medicine and Program Training Director of the Rochester Postdoc Partnership to Advance Research and Academic Careers of Deaf Scholars at the Clinical & Translational Science Institute, UR
Jess Cuculick, Ed.D.
Professional Development Director
Associate Director of Mentoring, NTID Center on Cognition & Language, RIT.
Camille A. Martina, Ph.D.
Research Associate Professor of Public Health Sciences at UR Medical Center.
Nikki Cherry, M.Ed.
Program Coordinator & Designated Interpreter
- Vivian Lewis, M.D., Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity, UR
- Edith M. Lord, Ph.D., Senior Associate Dean for Graduate Education at UR Medical Center
- Daniel Ornt, M.D., Vice President and Dean, Institute of Health Sciences and Technology, RIT
- Richard Pederson, Ph.D., Assistant Dean & Director, NTID Access Services
- Twyla Cummings, Ph.D., Dean of Graduate Education, RIT
- James Hall, Ph.D., Executive Director, School of Individualized Study, RIT
- Robert Pollard, Ph.D., Associate Dean of Research, NTID, RIT
- Ryne Raffaelle, Ph.D., Vice President for Research and Associate Provost, RIT
- Scott Smith, M.D., Research Faculty, NTID, RIT
- Louisa Bennetto, Ph.D., Associate Professor, UR
- Alan Hurwitz, Ed.D.
The Bridges mission is to increase the number of deaf and hard of hearing scientists in behavioral and biomedical science fields.